Monday, March 5, 2012

8 weeks!



See that sweet blob? It has a heartbeat!!

I had my appointment with the MFM - the high risk OB - this morning. I got another ultrasound and saw my baby again. I am loving all of this extra monitoring I am getting this time around. After the ultrasound I met with Dr. Sumners. I love that man. He's smart, funny, knows his stuff, and he's kind. He agreed with my regular OB's recommendations of continuing the Lovenox/heparin shots and starting progesterone shots at 16 weeks and continuing those weekly until 34 weeks. The only thing he mentioned that was different from my regular OB is that starting at 18 weeks they will begin regular checks of my cervix in hopes of catching any preterm labor signs early.

So here are my upcoming appointments:

3/15 - u/s and appt with my regular OB
4/2 - NT Scan and appt with MFM

Seems like I'm seeing a doctor about every two weeks! It is a good thing that I work from home and can be very flexible about going to appointments.

I'm still toying with announcing this pregnancy on Facebook. I will wait a few more weeks - maybe until after the NT scan in April. I mean, these first 8 weeks have gone by so fast, three or four more won't be too awful either.

Okay, enough about the future baby. Want to hear how Zane is doing? For the longest time my weird son has called me Jen ("den" is how it sounds). This weekend, he finally started calling me Mama again! Oh that just melts my heart. Seriously, I've been working with that kid for months on saying mamamama. I mean, "Mama" was his first word! So to hear him start saying it again was my favorite moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment