Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A long intro

Okay, I've decided it's time that I started blogging. I will start with what will probably be a long intro of myself.

My name is Jen. I am 28 on the day I'm typing this. I am married to Jeremy. We have been together for over six years. We met while playing softball. My cute story: I was playing third base at a coed softball game when I got hit by a line drive right in the middle of my shin. Instantly swelled up the size of a softball (fitting, right?). It was gross. Really. But Jeremy, the ever valiant gentleman - the only gentleman there - went and got me ice to put on it. It hurt so bad, but I'm a tough girl and couldn't let the guys see the pain. So I walked it off and kept playing. I have a dent in my shin bone now. But I also fell in love with the guy that brought me ice.

We live together in a small house in Kokomo, IN. We got married in May 2010 in a beautiful and small ceremony. Jeremy has a twelve year old son, Devyn. Devyn is the most amazing kid I've ever met. Seriously. He's the most polite, well-mannered, soft-spoken, quiet kid. Everyone he meets says the same. Usually you see kids running around and being loud and obnoxious at least some of the time. Not Devyn. I love that kid. Although he does have an issue going on with school and keeping his grades up.

Devyn plays baseball. And come the spring, if I stick to the blog thing, you'll no doubt see lots of comments and pictures from his games. Jeremy won't be his coach this year. He had a major medical issue early 2009, which I'll get into more in later posts, but he's okay now. Just not 100%. Besides, I think he enjoys just being able to watch the game now.

So while Devyn plays baseball, I should mention that I play softball. Oh wait, I already did. Ha. I've played for seven years now here in Kokomo. There's a women's league and a coed league. It's my summer lifeline. If I didn't get active with softball, I'd weigh 300 pounds. And I warn you now - I'm not very modest when it comes to softball. Or any sports I play. But, sadly for my weight, I am going to be missing my second softball summer again this year.

On to my work. I work for my mother. At home! My mom is VP of a recruiting firm. I am a researcher for the recruiters. When the recruiter gets a job position that they need to fill, I go online to the back end of the job search engines and look at the resumes of people in there. I find the people that match what the recruiters are looking for for our clients. Super easy. I work from my couch and I love it so much.

I didn't forget Zane. I just saved him, the best, for last! Zane is my baby boy. Yes, I know he's technically a toddler. Zane was born 10/5/2010, 5 weeks early, and after I had had three miscarriages. The name "Zane" means "God is gracious." And He really is. Z (as I will no doubt refer to him from here on out) is awesome. I'm probably biased just like any other mom would be. I think this blog will end up being about Z.


Is this long enough for my first post? I think so! I have a lot of things I want to get out. But I don't have time tonight to verbalize everything - so I'll break them up over the next few weeks. You'll learn a lot about me and my family, don't worry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment